These terms and conditions shall apply to your use of the website of IRENA’s SolarCity simulator. This website and related materials are referred to herein as “SC.”
By accessing and/or using the SC, you agree to the terms and conditions below. The International Renewable Energy Agency, referred to herein as "IRENA", reserves the right to update or otherwise change these terms and conditions at any time without notification. Use of the SC will be deemed in acceptance of the terms existing at that time.
It is acknowledged that third parties have contributed intellectual property to the development of the SC. Accordingly, any references to “data or other content providers” throughout these terms and conditions shall include, but not be limited to, such third parties.
- Acceptable Use
- You agree that your use of the SC will only be as authorised by IRENA and will only be in accordance with the present terms and conditions. In addition, you agree that you will not (nor attempt to):
- Take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility or security of the SC or that causes unreasonable inconvenience or offence or disruption to the IRENA staff maintaining the SC, its contractors or other users;
- Use the SC in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- Upload or otherwise transmit any material through the SC, including but not limited to any information or software containing a virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other damaging or destructive component, or link to such harmful material;
- Access or otherwise interact with the SC using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, recompile or reverse engineer any software, source code or other code or scripts forming part of the SCor create derivative works based on the whole of or any part of such software, source code or other code or scripts or incorporate them into any other software;
- Change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse information contained on the SC or disaggregate any data or statistics contained on the SC;
- Upload, store or otherwise transmit any inappropriate content through the SC, including but not limited to content unrelated to renewable energy, spam or solicitations regarding for-profit goods or services, or fraudulent activities.
- IRENA may, at its sole discretion and with or without notice, deny or restrict access to the SC or any portion thereof to any user who abuses the SC or breaches or is believed to be likely to breach these terms and conditions, or otherwise engages in any type of activity or purpose deemed by IRENA to be unlawful, improper or inappropriate.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the SC are owned by IRENA. Subject to paragraph 2.2, you are permitted to freely use, access, copy, reproduce, and print the SC outputs, provided that all such outputs are clearly attributed to IRENA and bear a notation that they are subject to copyright by IRENA.
- Subject to compliance with these terms and conditions and unless otherwise agreed, you may include hyperlinks to the SC in your website without having to seek specific permission, provided that:
- Your website does not contain any inappropriate or unlawful content;
- Hyperlinks to the SC are not used for the promotion of any organisation, company, individual or other entity or any project, product or service;
- Hyperlinks to the SC are not used in a way to imply or suggest an unintended association or partnership with IRENA, and does not infringe any of its rights, in particular its intellectual property rights.
- Unless expressly authorised in writing by IRENA, you shall not, in any manner whatsoever, use the name, emblem or official seal of IRENA, or any abbreviation thereof, in connection with your business or otherwise. If you become aware of any such distribution or commercial use, you agree to notify IRENA immediately at email@example.com.
- The content provided on and/or through use of the SC, including without limitation text, maps, graphics, data, and statistics, is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without any conditions, warranties or undertakings, either express or implied, from IRENA, its officials, employees, its data or other content providers, in respect of, inter alia, the accuracy, completeness, availability, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose or use of such content, or regarding the non-infringement of third-party rights.
- You understand that the content is designed to help you gather the information you need to help you make your own decision. The content does not, in any case, replace or shall be used instead of existing laws, regulations and official guidelines issued by relevant authorities in the respective countries. You are responsible for your own decisions and for properly analysing and verifying any information you intend to rely upon.
- IRENA does not warrant that access to the SC will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components.
- IRENA reserves its right to terminate, suspend, change, update or discontinue in any way part or all of the SC, including the availability of any features of the website, or to impose limits on certain features and services or restrict access to parts of the website, at any time without notice or any liability. The content may be out of date and IRENA makes no commitment to update it.
- By accessing the SC, you accept that IRENA, its officials, employees, or its data or other content providers, shall not, under any circumstances, be responsible or liable to you for any kind of loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered (including all loss of profit, loss of use, loss of revenue, loss of contracts, increased costs and expenses and all special, indirect and consequential losses) which is claimed to result from access (or lack of access) to or use of the SC, from reliance on the content thereon, or through links to third-party content.
- Except where expressly stated, the content provided on the SC does not necessarily represent the views of IRENA, individual IRENA Members, and/or IRENA data or other content providers, nor do the designations employed and the presentation of information on the SC imply the expression of any opinion on their part concerning the legal status of any region, country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
- Third-Party Content and Websites
- The SC may contain advice, opinions, statements or any other content from third-parties, referred to herein as "third-party content", and may mention or refer to specific entities, products or information available on external websites.
- IRENA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any third-party content. Reliance upon such content shall be at the user's own risk. Neither IRENA nor any of its officials, employees, data or other content providers, shall be liable to any user or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, deletion, defect, alteration or use of any such content featured on the SC, or for its timeliness or completeness. The SC and its content do not represent any endorsement, preference or recommendation in respect of any particular project, product or service provider.
- You acknowledge and agree that IRENA is not responsible for the availability of any third-party websites or material accessed through the SC; nor for any content advertising products or services on or available from such websites or material.
- By accessing and using the SC, you understand that non-personally identifiable information may be collected from your access and use of the SC, including device-specific information such as your operating system version, log information such as your internet protocol address, location and time information, and any other similar information.
- IRENA reserves its right to disclose any of the above information when required by applicable laws and regulations and/or requests under legal process; in case of suspected unlawful, improper or inappropriate conduct for referral to appropriate authorities; to detect, prevent or otherwise address a breach of the present terms and conditions, or any related security or technical issues; to protect IRENA or data or other content providers’ property or rights; and to safeguard the interests of other users and/or IRENA Members.
- IRENA reserves its right to use the above-referred information collected through your use of the SC:
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve the website, and to protect IRENA, its data and other content providers and the SC users;
- To understand how the users use the SC and better identify the categories of users of the SC and the data, SCs and technologies they use;
- For statistical purposes; and
- To communicate with you, including to inform you about changes or improvements to the SC or to resolve any issue arising out in the course of your use of the SC.
- In any of the above use, IRENA will make its best efforts to ensure the protection of the confidentiality of the users.
- IRENA will ask for your consent before using information collected through your use of the SC for a purpose other than one of those set out in these terms and conditions.
- IRENA assumes no responsibility for the privacy policies on any third-party websites.
- Cookies Policy
- Cookies may be in use throughout the SC to measure how users interact with the SC's content, and to provide users with a good experience browsing the website.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- The SC uses the following cookies:
- Essential cookies to provide the required functionality of the website by setting configuration data on the user machine through cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate this website and use certain features;
- Performance cookies to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the SC when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the SC works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Targeting cookies to record your visit to the SC, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. We have set out below links to the "Help" pages of some major browsers which explain how you can do this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including functionality cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of the SC and use all or parts of its features.
- Links to the "Help" pages of major browsers:
- Indemnification and Settlement of Disputes
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold IRENA and its data and other content providers harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense related to your breach of these terms and conditions.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim that arises between the users and IRENA in connection with the use of the SC shall be resolved in accordance with the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) arbitration rules as at present in force.
- IRENA is an international organisation which is entitled to privileges and immunities under international and domestic law. None of the provisions of these terms and conditions shall be construed as constituting a waiver, express or implied, of IRENA's privileges and immunities.
- Modification of Terms and Conditions
IRENA reserves the right to change or modify the present terms and conditions applicable to the use of the SC at any time without notice. Such changes and modifications, including additions or deletions, to the terms and conditions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting new terms and conditions on the SC website. Any use of the SC after such change or modification shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such changes or modifications, including additions or deletions.
- Organisation Information
International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Headquarters
P.O. Box 236
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates